Trucking Accident Guide
What To Do After A Serious Truck Accident
While the aftermath of a semi-truck accident can be overwhelming, you do not have to navigate it alone. At the Law Offices of L.T. Baker, P.A., we have compiled a truck accident guide for you to reference. We hope that in doing this, we are better able to assist you and those you love through this difficult time.
Simple But Important Steps To Remember
Your quality of life after an encounter with a big rig on the highway may never be the same. For this reason, it is crucial that you or an injured loved one receive fair compensation. Good documentation of your accident can help you hold a negligent party responsible.
Important steps to take immediately after an accident, if possible, are:
- Get medical attention. Check to see if you or other passengers suffered injuries and call an ambulance if needed. Do not tough out injuries, even if they seem minor.
- Call the police. This allows you and witnesses to make a report when the details are still fresh in your minds.
- Exchange information with all involved. Take names of witnesses and write down their phone numbers for later reference.
- Take or have someone take pictures of the accident. Your insurer or an attorney may use these as evidence later.
- Call an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can collect and preserve evidence, such as the truck’s black box, you will need to prove your case.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to the truck driver’s insurance company. It will try to use your statement against you to minimize or deny your claim.
Adequate compensation is necessary to cover medical treatments or other expenses while injured. This is why we encourage following these guidelines.
We Can Help You Recover Damages Caused By Catastrophic Injuries
If you or someone you love experienced a debilitating injury because of an auto-related accident, reach out to us at once. Insurance companies are not interested in helping you recover damages, but we are.
Let our skilled personal injury lawyer advocate for your right to fair compensation. Learn more about how we can help you and your family move forward from a catastrophic accident today. To schedule a free consultation at our Concord office, fill out the intake form or call us at 866-433-1991.
Attorney Baker and his team worked hard on my case after I was in a car accident and I was very pleased with the outcome. I tried to handle everything myself, but I just didn’t have the know-how to deal with insurance companies. Thank you Attorney Baker! ROCHELLE